While graduating can be filled with many classic traditions, fresh graduation party ideas can add new life to this important life event. Whether your celebration is family only or for an entire class, for high school, college or other graduations, these fun and practical graduation party ideas will make the day better:
- A Best Wishes/Advice to the Graduate Jar – Graduation party ideas like this offer long-term benefits. This allows people to mention their hopes and wishes for the guest of honor in a way that won’t get lost in the excitement of the day. Not only can the graduate read them later, they can keep them for ongoing encourage. Label a large glass container as a “Wish Jar” and have slips of colorful paper and pens available. Decorate the jar with the graduate’s name, favorite colors, etc, to make it extra special.
- Celebrate Your Memories – No matter the size of the party, bring photos to celebrate memories. One option is to put photos on poster board or bring a battery-operated electronic photo frame. Put it in a prominent location and let the discussion of the happy times pictured ensue.
- Send Out Invitations Early – May and June are flooded with graduation parties, and they frequently get clustered in the same few weeks. As soon as you decide what kind/size of graduation party you want to have, make a guest list and send out invitations.
If you’re booking the Skyline Princess for an entire class or school, then your attendees are probably already used to group celebrations and are less likely to have schedule conflicts. Even so, send out the invites as soon as possible. You wouldn’t want anyone to miss your yacht party!
- Make New Memories – This might be the last chance for selfies with some of your classmates so be sure to take a lot. Set up a “Selfie Station” to encourage it.
On your Skyline Princess cruise, you will have opportunities to take advantage of extraordinary backdrops including the Manhattan skyline, the Brooklyn Bridge, the Statue of Liberty, etc. in your pictures. Whether your graduation party involves renting a full deck or the whole ship, talk to a Skyline Cruises event planner about renting a photo booth for more even more photo options.
- Make a Special Playlist – Whether you hire a DJ or handle the music yourself, make a playlist of songs from with specific events, associated with certain memories, which were popular while they were in school, etc. Be sure to include a mix of tempos and song styles. The top deck of the Skyline Princess has a full dance floor so you can dance the night away.
- Decorate a Box for Cards – Many graduation presents are cards so plan ahead by decorating a box to hold them. That way they’re collected in one spot, and there’s no risk of losing them.
Celebrate Your Graduation with Skyline Cruises
Graduation parties on the Skyline Princess are great for any age group. Our private yacht is fully climate controlled for all weather conditions and the enclosed third deck features a skylight dance floor that offers perfect views of the Manhattan skyline, rain or shine. We can accommodate up to 450 on the Skyline Princess. We offer a delicious buffet menu which can be fully customized. Come see why Skyline Cruises has been hosting parties of every size for 25 years!
If you wish to host a private party, contact us early to work out the arrangements. We can accommodate everything from your immediate family at a reserved table on one of our public cruises to a full deck or boat rental. We work with any size group. To get started on planning a terrific and truly unique graduation party, call Skyline Cruises at (718) 446-1100.