FAQs about Skyline Princess Dinner Cruises
1. Isn’t chartering a yacht for my party more expensive than catering halls & restaurants?
The costs are not as different as you think; there are many different pricing options available to meet most budgets. Seasonally the prices can even be lower than land-based catering halls. It´s also about value. Isn´t planning an event that is unique and exciting for your guests and that will leave a lasting impression worth a little more?
2. What will happen if the weather is bad? Will my guests get seasick?
No need to worry, the Skyline Princess is designed to sail rain or shine. Our yacht is like being inside a floating catering hall and is designed to be unaffected by the weather. The Skyline Princess is a unique yacht that is designed specifically to be comfortable in all kinds of weather conditions and is fully climate-controlled for all year round parties and events.
We sail in calm sheltered harbor waters, not the ocean, so seasickness is never a problem.
3. Is the food as good as a restaurant and other catering halls?
Our world-class food is some of the best in NY harbor. The food is prepared on board in our full galley (kitchen) the day of the event by our own Chef. Our cuisine is offered with high-quality premium liquors on every event.
4. I have a large party, are there boats big enough?
The Skyline Princess is 120-feet long and 31-feet wide with three full passenger levels, featuring an enclosable third deck, complete with skylights and a private bridal suite. The Skyline Princess is US Coast Guard certified for up to 450 passengers. This makes the Skyline Princess the perfect venue for larger parties. The Skyline Princess has the highest passenger capacity of any yacht in New York-based outside of Manhattan and is widely considered the New York Harbors most versatile dinner cruise charter yacht.
5. Are there boats located near me?
Our home port is the World´s Fair Marina in Flushing Meadows, Queens, New York. However, the Skyline Princess can leave from several different departure points throughout the Tri-State Area including Manhattan, New Jersey, Long Island, Westchester and Connecticut
6. What are the most important things to know when choosing a yacht company?
First, you should feel confident that the person you are dealing with is an expert in the field of nautical events, with hands-on operational experience.
Second, the vessel should be comfortable in all weather conditions and well suited to your event.
Third, ideally, the vessel should have an onboard chef freshly preparing the food and the service should be excellent with a well-dressed ship’s crew.
7. Why should I consider a cruise for my next event?
The experience of having a yacht event is a unique experience for your guests that they will always remember. Having an event catered on the Skyline Princess is unforgettable.
8. I know nothing about boats. How do I know what to do and what to ask?
Our knowledgeable staff will guide you through the process which is very similar to booking a land-based event.
9. Can I bring my own caterer?
Yes, most other yachts do not allow outside caters, but on the Skyline Princess clients may use outside catering services.
10. Where do the cruises go, what will I see?
– NY Skyline – The majestic Manhattan Skyline, Ellis Island, the South Street Seaport, Brooklyn Bridge and the Statue of Liberty are just a few of the sights viewed on our Skyline Cruises.
– LI Sound – On our cruises of Long Island Sound from Connecticut, Westchester, and Long Island sights include the majestic harbors of Connecticut and the North Sore of Long Island filled with beautiful yachts of all kinds. You will also see lighthouses and some of the largest and most inspiring mansions in the world.
11. Can I create the party atmosphere I want on board a yacht…what about themes?
On the Skyline Princess, you can create any kind of party theme you would like. Our upper Skylight Deck has the largest dance floor area on the water and with our three separate levels, you can have multiple party atmospheres on the different decks. The Skyline Princess can throw any party such as proms, weddings, bar/bat mitzvah, birthdays, corporate outings, and much more from simple and fun to elegant and formal.
12. I got the event package but it´s not what I want?
Please call and ask about any type of event with any budget, we specialize in custom event planning to create the event you are looking for.
13. Is a cruise safe for kids, is it educational, informative and fun?
The Skyline Princess provides safe, supervised, exciting events for kids of all ages. The cruise experience is even more exciting for kids with the interesting and historic sights, the cruises experience and the onboard entertainment making for a fun time for all.
14. What if I only have a small group?
Small groups are welcomed on one of our public dinner cruises. You can charter a private deck for a very cost-effective semi-private charter we call a deck charter. This is normally a very cost-effective option. If you looking for a private group on a small yacht we can help you find one that better accommodates your event.
15. On a public dinner cruise will I have to sit with strangers?
Our public dinner cruise is a floating restaurant with all the same amenities as a landside restaurant. You and your group will be seated together at your own assigned table with privacy like in any restaurant. We do not seat in a cabaret style. Seating is Pre-Arranged. So, if you would like to be seated with someone that is not a part of your reservation number please call (718) 446-1100 to avoid any confusion upon boarding.
16. I want the unique setting of a yacht but, I don´t want to leave the dock, is that possible?
If you would like a Dockside Waterfront Event this gives the best of both worlds! We have the unique setting of a yacht and the convenience of a waterfront catering hall. With many locations available throughout the Tri-State Area as well at our home port at the World’s Fair Marina in Flushing, New York it´s sure to be a memorable event.
17. The food and service were great is it possible to use it for my next land event?
We provide land-based catering services, as well as cruise events. You don´t have to take a cruise to receive our legendary cuisine and service, we are coming to you.
18. Why should I consider the Skyline Princess for my next event?
A Skyline Princess Cruise is widely regarded as offering the best overall value in the Tri-State area. The Skyline Princess has three all-weather decks, a great layout, superb food prepared fresh onboard by our own chef, a fine well trained uniformed crew and expert event planners providing the most flexible and affordable packages in NY, NJ & CT.
19. What is the public cruise cancellation policy?
All sales are final. There are no refunds or exchanges. We are fully enclosed and climate-controlled. We sail rain or shine, US Coast Guard Permitting.
20. Are my tickets mailed to me?
No. We send all tickets via email. This ensures that you receive your tickets on time and are not lost in the mail. Just simply print out a copy of your tickets and bring them with you to the vessel. If you do not have access to a printer, we will make them to you, free of charge.
21. Will a Fireworks cruise, July 4th Fireworks cruise or New Year’s Eve cruise still sail if there is rain?
Yes. The July 4th and New Year’s Eve fireworks have always gone off without incident, even in the rain they are an impressive display. Stay nice and dry aboard the Skyline Princess. All firework displays are out of Skyline Cruises’ control and are solely up to the organizers.