From panoramic views of the New York City skyline to fabulous food, drinks, and DJ entertainment, an NYC charter cruise is the ideal venue for bridal showers.
Bridal shower cruises or wedding shower cruises aboard the Skyline Princess, the premier NYC luxury yacht of Skyline Cruises, are a fantastic way to celebrate the happy couple and “shower” the spouse-to-be with many good wishes and gifts that will help start their married lives.
You’ll also be able to not only happily surprise the bride-to-be, but also “wow” your shower guests with a Manhattan skyline yacht cruise aboard the Skyline Princess. Your guests will enjoy amazing views of such famous NYC landmarks as the Empire State Building, the Freedom Tower, the Chrysler Building, the Brooklyn Bridge, Ellis Island and Governors Island, the South Street Seaport, Chelsea Piers and the United Nations headquarters. You can also amaze your guests with stunning views of Long Island’s Gold Coast if you choose one of Skyline’s Long Island Sound or lighthouse cruises.
Thanks to our staff of seasoned event planners, you won’t have to worry about a thing. All of our wedding showers are custom-designed to create a special ambiance for your Skyline Princess yacht charter. Plus, your dedicated event planner will help you with everything from setting the date to defining the cruise and will help you decide whether you would like to book one of Skyline’s private yacht charters or brunch cruises.
No matter which type of cruise you choose for your shower event, you can be sure Skyline Cruises can accommodate groups of all sizes, from small parties of 10 to groups of 100 or more guests. We have flexible cruise schedules and a vessel that’s United States Coast Guard-certified for 450 people.
NYC Charter Cruise Bridal Shower Ideas
To help you start planning this happy event, Skyline’s experts have gathered six unique bridal shower ideas aboard a charter cruise:
- Travel or Honeymoon: Any jet-setting bride will love the idea of a travel theme or a theme centered on the couple’s honeymoon destination. You can use vintage items such as globes, suitcases, and cameras to set the mood. Travel books about the honeymoon destination or places the couple has visited, along with passport holders as favors, add a special touch.
- Memories Shower: Each of your guests can bring a unique memento that represents a special or amusing experience he or she shares with the couple or the bride.
- Mermaid: This original theme that announces and celebrates “one less lovely fish in the sea” naturally connects the shower to the idea of being out on the water without being too obvious. Subtle scallop, seashell, bubble and mermaid shapes and patterns can adorn everything from the invitations, decorations, and favors to the cake.
- Mystical: A fortune teller or palm reader can add a metaphysical or comical feel to the special event, depending on whether the bride feels a special connection to all things mystical or prefers to hear some off-the-wall predictions about herself and her guests.
- Princess Party: For this theme, you can deck the shower in different shades of pink with gold accents. Don’t forget to include the tiaras!
- Something Blue: A more traditional theme is a “Something Blue” bash, replete with a plethora of blue décor and desserts.
Other bonus ideas include a nautical, tropical, “Under the Sea” or beachfront party theme to keep with the flavor of being out on the water, a Sex in the City, Broadway, Downton Abbey or Great Gatsby theme (depending on whether you’re cruising the New York Harbor or Long Island Sound), a champagne brunch or afternoon tea and dessert affair to fit with a more formal yacht setting, or a Jack-and-Jill, co-ed or couples theme that showers the prenuptial pair instead of just one spouse-to-be.
Just remember to have fun with whatever theme you choose and carry it through from the invitations to the “thank-yous.” That way, you and your guests can a have a good time with it, too, and walk away with memories that will last forever.
To find out more about Skyline Cruises and learn about our NYC yacht charter cruise event packages, contact us today. We can’t wait to hear from you, and look forward to sailing with you soon!