Fundraisers are a wonderful way to raise awareness and support for a cause. Successful fundraisers will help attract new donors as well as build existing donor relationships. For a fundraiser to be successful, however, it will require a ton of planning and hard work.
One of the most important factors when planning a fundraiser is finding the perfect venue. The right venue creates the right atmosphere, and the right atmosphere will attract the right donors. If you are searching for the perfect venue for your upcoming corporate fundraiser, look no further than Skyline Cruises.
Stay Safe While Aboard the Skyline Princess
Our luxury three-deck yacht, the Skyline Princess, offers you and your guests a wonderful waterfront location to reach your fundraising goals all, while staying safe amidst the current state of the world. We are currently operating with a 100* maximum guest limit for all voyages to ensure that our guests can safely socially distance from one another. We continue to meet or exceed NYC guidelines for health and safety.
The situation is constantly changing, and we will do our best to keep up with the new information released by the public officials. Our current health procedures are as follows:
- We undergo and pass inspection by the NYC Department of Health and the U.S. Coast Guard.
- All staff have their temperatures taken prior to boarding the ship.
- Our ship is thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before any guests are allowed on board.
- All guests must comply with the Contact Tracers program.
- All guests must have their temperatures taken prior to the cruise. Guests with temperatures will not be permitted to board.
- Private tables will be set up for all groups to maintain social distancing guidelines.
- All guests ages 3+ must have appropriately fitting face coverings except while eating or if medically exempt.
Fundraiser Ideas Aboard a Skyline Cruise
So now that you have found the ideal waterfront venue that promises spectacular views, you need to decide a theme for your fundraiser to ensure it packs a punch. To help you get started, our party planning experts have put together some attention-grabbing ideas for fundraisers aboard the Skyline Princess:
- Chinese auction: A popular fundraising event are Chinese auctions, which are a cross between a silent auction and a raffle. Common auction items include gift baskets, tickets, and gift certificates which are typically donated by local shops and restaurants. Due to the variety of donations, there is always something for everyone to bid on.
- Bingo Night: Not just for senior citizens, bingo nights are a fun way for guests of all ages to participate. Guests can play for either donated prizes or cash. Many bingo night events include raffles and silent auctions as additional ways to raise money.
- Comedy Night: Who doesn’t love a good laugh? Gather past, present, and hopefully future donors for an evening of jokes told by local comedians while sailing the New York Harbor and enjoying the New York City skyline.
Host Your Next Special Event with Skyline
Regardless of the type of fundraiser you choose, holding it on board a Skyline Cruise is sure to make it a memorable night. Contact Skyline Cruises today via our contact form or call us at (718) 446-1100 and our experienced staff will answer all of your questions and work with you to ensure your event is exactly what you envision!