For an unforgettable July 4th, choose Skyline Cruises for a front row seat of Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular. There’s no better way to celebrate Independence Day than with a water view of the fireworks festivities.
According to a 2018 WalletHub study of the 100 largest U.S. cities for best and worst Independence Day celebrations, New York City is the number one best place to spend 4th of July. Since the fireworks display was one of the metrics in the study, it’s easy to see why NYC was named the best in the country, and a Skyline Cruises NYC Harbor trip provides the best view of the famous Macy’s fireworks show launching live from the Brooklyn Bridge.
Things to Do in NYC on July 4th
July 4th is a perfect time for sightseeing in New York City. It’s a great opportunity to visit historic locations during the day and enjoy a relaxing Skyline Cruise for dinner, topped off with amazing views of the fireworks against the evening sky. Whether you’re a New York native or an out-of-town visitor, it’s a perfect way to celebrate America’s birthday.
NYC Historic Landmarks in the vicinity of Skyline’s home port at the World’s Fair Marina include:
- John Bowne House – Constructed in 1661, Quaker John Bowne influenced the ideals expressed int the Constitution.
- The Vander Ende-Onderdonk House – This museum preserves the oldest Dutch Colonial Stone House in NYC and is the home of the Greater Ridgewood Historical Society.
- The Unisphere – The famous symbol of world peace, global community and space exploration from the 1964 New York World’s Fair resides at the Flushing Meadows-Corona Park.
- Old Quaker Meeting House – From housing British Army soldiers during the American Revolution to being a stop on the Underground railroad, the is the last of the original Quaker meeting houses from before America was founded.
- Voelker Orth Museum – With its lush Victorian Garden and exhibitions this historic 19th century home became a historic landmark in 2007.
- Lewis H. Latimer House Museum – This historic landmark was home to the African-American inventor and celebrates his many contributions to technology and science.
Where to Get a Great View of July 4th Fireworks
The Macy’s 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular is world renowned for good reason and the New York City skyline is the perfect backdrop for the amazing pyrotechnic show. The Skyline Princess provides a perfect viewing point and opportunity for fantastic photographs.
This leisurely three-course dinner cruise departs from the World’s Fair Marina in Flushing for a 5-hour excursion featuring music and dancing. Our attentive staff will take care of your every need while on board. Each July 4th dinner cruise ticket comes with premium open bar access that includes soda, juice, coffee, and tea. The Skyline Princess is fully enclosed and climate controlled for your comfort.
Discover for yourself why the Skyline Princess is the perfect place for your star-spangled celebration.
Spend July 4th on a Skyline Cruise
The July 4th cruise departs from our home port at the World’s Fair Marina in Queens. Find out more about our July 4th cruise by contacting Skyline Cruises today or book your tickets today before they are sold out.