Summer is the time when people get together, whether it’s for a specific event, milestone or occasion or it’s simply to have some fun. The weather is beautiful and everyone has more time to enjoy themselves.
That’s why summer is also the perfect time to throw a party, but don’t let your party ideas become landlocked! Take your family and friends out for a cruise on our premier NYC luxury yacht, the Skyline Princess.
To help plan your event, the expert staff at Skyline Cruises has put together some top tips for throwing a NYC yacht party this summer!
Top Tips For Your Yacht Party in NYC
- The Date and Booking the Yacht: It’s always best to choose the date for your event early and make sure the date coincides with the yacht’s availability. At Skyline Cruises, our versatile, three-level luxury motor yacht, the Skyline Princess, cruises New York Harbor all year round. Our expert party planners can work with you to set the date and plan the perfect celebration.
- Guest List: The number of guests is also a factor in choosing and booking a yacht. It’s a good idea to put your guest list together at the same time you’re picking the date and booking the yacht. The Skyline Princess can accommodate large and small parties, from weddings, engagement celebrations, showers, sweet sixteens, quinceañeras, bar/bat mitzvahs and birthday parties to corporate events, fundraisers, business mixers and holiday parties. Our all-weather vessel has three separate outdoor viewing areas, more than 4000 square feet of overall interior space, one bar on each of the three decks, and a large dance floor.
- Theme Selection: Themes add instant fun to your party. Depending on the type of party, you might want to consider choosing a theme for it, such as casino/poker, decade parties, Broadway, Old Hollywood, country western, Mexican fiesta/Cinco de Mayo, nautical or tropical.
- Sending Invitations: Sending out your invitations early gives your guests plenty of time to R.S.V.P. It also allows you to field any questions they might have. If your party does have a theme, then you should incorporate it into your invitations.
- Entertainment, Food and Drinks: These are three key ingredients for successful yacht parties. Music, dancing and karaoke are all great ways to liven up your party, while great food and beverages can turn an ordinary party into an extraordinary one. The Skyline Princess offers energetic DJ entertainment, as well as exquisite cuisine freshly prepared on board by our highly acclaimed chef.
- Reminders: It’s a good idea to send out reminders at least 24 hours before you set sail to give your guests the chance to ask any final questions and arrange transportation.
- Enjoying the Party: Once you board the Skyline Princess with your guests, don’t forget to have fun! A NYC yacht charter cruise is an exciting venue for your celebration, and your event planner and our experienced staff will have all the details covered for your cruise! All you have to do is take in the sights as we sail by the amazing NYC skyline, featuring the Brooklyn Bridge, Ellis Island and Governors Island, the South Street Seaport, the Empire State Building, the Freedom Tower, Chelsea Piers, the United Nations headquarters and the Chrysler Building.
- Event Planners: Now that you know all of the best party-planning tips for throwing a spectacular New York City yacht party this summer, rest assured you don’t have to go it alone. Let Skyline’s top-notch event planners help you organize an unforgettable party and give you peace of mind to let you relax and enjoy the yacht party you’ve always wanted!
Contact Skyline today whether you’re planning a corporate cruise, fundraiser, celebration of a milestone in your life or any other type of party. Our experienced staff can answer all of your questions and work with you to make your event a memorable one aboard the Skyline Princess.